First off I want to say a HUGE thank you to the following blogs for nominating me for a Liebster Award 😀
Thank you to (in chronological order) Spinning Webbs, C-Dog and company, and Trevor the rescue dog‘s blog/s 🙂 Thank you so, so much for recommending my blog, it means such a lot, and I can only apologise for not answering your questions straight away…what with mood swings and dog walks things have been a little busy recently! However now I get to do them all together, and it’s like one big Liebster pawty! 😀
Rules of the Liebster award are:
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions I have given you.
- Pick 11 blogs who have less than 200 followers to share with everybody.
- Ask them 11 new questions.
- Link back to me
So, without further ado, here are 11 facts about myself:
- I am five foot five inches tall 😛
- I adore dogs
- Puppies are a real weakness of mine!
- In the last five years we have moved house a whopping seven times 😀
- I have a mood disorder
- I hate hot weather!
- The only alcoholic drink I like is vodka 😛
- I listen to the same music I liked when I was 13!
- Kasper is my heart dog
- I hate travelling in cars
- I’ve been dating my partner for 5 years 🙂
And now to answer the questions!
1. Why did you start your blog?
It was actually started because I was applying for a job that required me to know how to use WordPress! I didn’t get the job, and I lapsed posting for many years…then we adopted Zoey and I thought I’d document her growing up, and it all started there!
2. Do you have any hobbies?
I like swimming and cycling, although haven’t done either in over a year, boo! I also LOVE to read; horror books, comedies, romance, any book really apart from Classics which I really can’t get behind. If anybody thinks I might enjoy one, feel free to recommend and I’ll check it out 😉
3. What are you passionate about?
4. What country would you visit if you could?
Ireland, again. My dad and I did a cycling holiday in Ireland to raise money for charity. We cycled up to 60 miles a day, and I really enjoyed it…would love to do it again.
5. What is your favorite genre of music?
6. What is your favorite movie?
Little Miss Sunshine
7. Who is your favorite author?
Oooh, that’s a hard one! A few years ago I would have instantly said Stephen King, but these days I’m not so sure…
8. What is your most prized possession?
The urn holding Milly’s ashes
9. If you could invite anyone, dead or alive, to dinner, who would it be?
My partner!! And he’s an amazing cook, so he’d probably be making the dinner too XD
10. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Having a mood disorder…it’s certainly been a challenge! 😛
11. Three things you would take to a desert island?
- My partner
- My DS
- Vegan ice-cream
C-dog’s questions next! 😀
- Why do you blog; why did you get started? – I’m not sure why I blog! I’ve made some wonderful friends on WordPress and love reading their news and sharing my dogs’ happenings with them 🙂
- If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be? – Milly, my darling chicken. She would follow me everywhere and snuggle on my lap to watch TV. I’d love to spend one more day with her.
- What is your favorite song, or piece of music, and why? – Aerials, by System Of A Down. It’s been my favourite song for many years now.
- If you had to donate everything you own to a charity that you have never given to previously, which charity would you give to? – Animal Care in Lancaster. They’re an incredible charity; we volunteer to walk the dogs for them and they always try their hardest with every dog.
- If you were allowed to eat only one vegetable for the rest of your life, which one would it be? – broccoli, easy 😀
- Two of the best books you ever read were ___? The Power of Positive Dog Training, and Bipolar Disorder – The Ultimate Guide
- Even if you don’t have a cat or dog — cat-person or dog-person, which are you? – dog!
- What do you do, or where do you go, to “get away”? – sleep 😛
- What’s your “day job” — or what do you “do” besides blogging (or is blogging your job)? – we walk dogs
- What’s your favorite number? – 3
- Name a personal hero . . . – My partner. He puts up with a heck of a lot and is the reason why I’m still around. What a hero!
And Trevor the Rescue Dog‘s questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging properly (as in regularly) so that I’d have something to look back on from when Zoey was a puppy…and I do look back to those times quite often, she was so cute! 😀
2. What is your favorite movie?
As above, Little Miss Sunshine
3. Shoes or bare feet?
4. Who is your favorite author and why?
Aagh, it’s such a tough question! Still can’t answer it! 😛
5. What is your most prized possession?
As above, Milly’s ashes
6. Cat or Dog?
Dog! I’m actually not a big cat fan
7. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
My partner made an incredible pizza the other night…yummm!
8. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
“The greatness of a nation and it’s moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”
9. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
My Millybobs 🙂
10. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
Maybe this one, as it helps spread the word that dominance theory is outdated…
11. Share a random piece of wisdom, that relates to the theme of your blog! (Dating/food/animals etc)
Same as question 10 🙂
Tada! (if anyone has made it this far, I applaud you XD )
Here are 11 questions that I am asking my nominees:
- How many pets do you have?
- What’s your favourite animal?
- What area of the world do you live in?
- What is your favourite time of day?
- What is your favourite song?
- What is your most hated song?
- What is your favourite colour?
- Are you a horror movie lover or a hater?
- Do you have a favourite dog breed?
- If so what is it?
- Are you good at caring for plants?
And my nominees are:
Cookie the Smelly Beagle – she shares Kasper’s enthusiasm for food! 😉
Not So Dangerous Dogs – this is an INCREDIBLE blog, I really recommend it 😀
DogTailsBlog – a fellow dog walker who posts very cute pics of her own and other people’s dogs
Our Pit Page – they just adopted a new bully baby – need I say more? 😉
Sophie The Beagle – I like Beagles, in case you can’t tell 😀
Bertie and Me – Bertie is a rescue dog, and there’s also some wonderful photography on this blog 🙂
Lola Pug – just so, so adorable 🙂
Osolynden’s Blog – home of Stitch the wonder dog!
Poppy Pup Blog – they currently have kittens too!! 😀
PitbullLuv – everything Bully breed 😀
mickcgorman – lovely dogs, including Annie the foster!
To all the people I have nominated; if I have nominated you for a Liebster before, I apologise haha! And if you don’t want to follow through with it and answer all the questions / make nominations of your own, please don’t…just know that I think your blog is awesome 😉