As this is my first ever blog, I had no idea that you could get awards…and now I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
The Award is a “pay-it-forward” thing as you must complete these requirements:
1. Post the Award on my blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave me the Award and link back to their site.
3. Post 11 random facts about myself.
4. Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the Award has asked.
5. Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who I want to receive the Award.
6. Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own.
Thankyou so much pjdonna (http://weliveinaflat.wordpress.com/about/) for nominating me! And here’s hoping I do this right… 😛
Okay, let’s answer the eleven questions first…
- How did you meet your <insert pet name here>? We met Kasper when we were searching for our first ever dog. His owner was thinking about putting him into rescue for rehoming but the rescue (which we were volunteers at) was full. We met up with him and it was love at first sight!
- What made you think – this pet is the one? He was full of fun, gave the appearance of being friendly, obedient and seemed very energetic. And he was just beautiful.
- Which picture of your pet is your favourite? I have a few but I like this one
- What is the best moment you had with your pet? When Kasper first started to accept Zoey and play ever so gently with her – that’s when we knew we had his seal of approval to keep her 🙂
- What is the thing you like to do with your pet the most? Take them on walks!
- If you have a day free to spend with your pet, where would you bring it and why? If we had a day free and magical transportation devices (seeing as we can’t drive!) I would take both dogs to the sea side and have lots of fun on the beach!
- If you live in a multiple-pet household, did you meet with any problems introducing a new pet into the house? We have a lot of pets but as most of them live in cages it’s always been relatively easy to introduce the dogs to them. We did have to do some counter conditioning with Kasper and the tortoise though as he was very giddy about Lulu! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiaAG_JNek
- How did you resolve the problem with having multiple pets in the end? Lots of patience, training and positive reinforcement!
- What is the best advice you can give to someone considering getting a pet but who is still unsure? Don’t buy one on the spur of the moment, a pet is for life. Consider whether it’s right for you before going to look around them so you don’t fall in love and buy on impulse!
- What is the best advise someone has given you about your pet? To give Kasper treats every time he has a high value item – that was how he stopped resource guarding bones from us, now he will happily swap them.
- What is the one trick you would most want your pet to learn? Bow!! Kasper has learnt over 25 commands, including some really tricky tricks, but we have never been able to master ‘bow’!
Here are eleven random facts about me, in case anybody is interested 😀
11 facts about me…
- I’m a vegan
- I like to dye my hair odd and usually bright colours
- I hoard animals that are in need of homes…they always end up coming home with me!
- I like to wear PJ bottoms
- I’m a complete know-it-all about chickens
- I’d love to be a dog trainer one day
- We have a fantastic vet
- I have a fantastic GP!
- I love photography
- I hate gardening!
- I usually wear odd socks!
And here are my nominees! I have no idea how many followers these guys have, but here’s hoping this is within the rules! (please don’t feel you have to participate in this if you don’t want to 🙂 )
Sooo, here are my questions to be asked of the bloggers I’ve nominated:
- How many pets do you have?
- Do you have a favourite, and if so why?
- What is your oldest pet?
- What was your first ever pet?
- What is the weirdest thing one of your pets has ever done?
- Do you take part in training with your pet?
- What is your favourite letter?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What is your favourite number?
- When did you start writing your first ever blog?
- What’s your favourite food?